Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jayhawk Energy

I have owned Jayhawk Energy for around two years now, and I was very skeptical at first when I bought shares in the company. At the time, it looked like natural gas would become a big deal, but we found all sorts of shale gas after that, and we are now trying to work off the glut of natural gas.

Jayhawk still operates in the gas business, but the main attraction currently is that the company has 17,000 acres of prime Bakken oil property in North Dakota, just south of the Canadian border. They have bought five existing wells, and they are in the process of drilling a lot more wells. They want to drill 33 wells by 2012.

Jayhawk's (JYHK) share price has more than doubled in the last two months. I don't know how high they can go, but the Bakken oil area has surprised everyone in the last couple of years. North Dakota is putting out more oil than ever, and nobody knows when it will slow down.

I recommend buying Jayhawk, and I have a couple of Jayhawk links at ClusterGains.com so that you can follow the company news and its price chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment